Shelly Beach is located off Bower Street in Manly. It has a beautiful lookout area where you can view the amazing blue waters, a small beach with a restaurant & kiosk, a promenade walk to Manly and rock baths along the walk.
The beach is great for families to visit, play on the sand and enjoy lunch or an ice cream from the nearby restaurant and kiosk. There is no shark fenced area where little ones can swim in and the beach is not patrolled. There is no parking on the beach as such but up on the hill which gets pretty busy in summer starting from 9am. We have visited both late afternoon and early morning and had no issues finding a car park there.
It is a popular spot for diving and snorkelling as the beach is in the protected Cabbage Tree Bay reserve where all sorts of marine life can be seen.
The Boathouse restaurant, café & kiosk is a great spot for all meals during the day or a sneaky coffee and ice creams to keep mumma and the little ones at bay.
On the left hand-side of Shelly beach, there is a walking path to Manly which is great for spotting beautifully carved sea creatures and real water dragons on the way to Manly and little crabs on the rocks on the way back.
There are also rock baths along the path to Manly which are good for older kids or adults as well as shops.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat for your little ones
- Bring some swimming gear and towels
- Bring some sand castle gear
- Bring some chairs and a picnic blanket
- Bring a beach umbrella
- Bring a shade tent if you have one as there is only a few shady spots
- Bring a picnic, snacks and water bottles
- Bring your pram for a stroll along the water
This beach and playground has:
- Accessible public toilets next to the restaurant
- Accessible Permit or Paying parking area near the lookout area
- Areas for little ones to play
- BBQ equipment
- Picnic areas
- Seating, tables, benches
- Shower on the beach near the walking path or next to the toilets
For more Sydney beaches, head to our dedicated page.
For more Sydney playgrounds, head to our dedicated page.