Fairlight Beach is located off Lauderdale Avenue in Fairlight and about a 15 minutes walk from Manly Wharf.
The Fairlight beach is a small beach with shelly sand which has a large rock and concrete pool and small wading pool. There is no shark netted area however the water off the beach stays shallow for some distance.
There is no shade on the beach so it's best to bring a shaded tent for the little ones or an umbrella.
It is a popular spot for snorkelers and divers, locals and visitors. There is apparently plenty of fish to be found in shallow waters off the beach or a bit further out where the beach suddenly drops off after some distance.
There are showers and toilets onsite near the beach. Parking is limited near the beach spot but you can park off Woods Parade like we did and take a walk down to the beach.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat for your little ones
- Bring some swimming gear and towels
- Bring some sand castle gear
- Bring some chairs and a picnic blanket
- Bring a beach umbrella
- Bring a shade tent if you have one as there is no shade available
- Bring a picnic, snacks and water bottles
This beach and playground has:
- Accessible public toilets
- Rock pools
- Accessible Permit or Paying parking area
- Seating, tables, benches
- Shower on the beach near the toilets
For more Sydney beaches, head to our dedicated page.
For more Sydney playgrounds, head to our dedicated page.