The Forestville War Memorial Playground is located off Melwood Avenue in Forestville right next to the Forestville RSL. It is a great fully fenced playground which suits young and older children. We love the poppies around the grass area to signify remembrance.
This playground has shade sails over the little kids area, the baby swings, a picnic bench and the structure with a slide.
The structure is great for kids of all ages to climb and to use the slide. There are two swings next to it which are suitable for older children.
This playground is great to have a play, a picnic, a little gathering or a birthday party and use the bbq equipment inside and outside of the playground and eat under gazebos with tables and benches. There is a lawn area next to the playground which some people use for sports practice or for birthday activities.
There are public toilets next to the playground which have at times been closed on weekends, if that's the case there are toilets at the RSL next door. There is a large free carpark next to the playground.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat for your little ones
- Bring a picnic, snacks and water bottle
- Bring a ball or cricket set to play on the oval next door
- There is a little cycling path along the playground so grab the little one's scooter or bike
This playground has:
- Accessible public toilets
- Accessible parking
- BBQ equipment
- Cycling track
- Free parking
- Areas for parties
- Large grounds for sport next to it
- Picnic areas
- Seating, tables, benches
- Swings for babies and older kids
- Walking and cycling paths
For more Sydney playgrounds, head to our dedicated page.