The Christmas season is upon us! We have put together a list of events and activities you can attend from now until Christmas. We will keep updating it as we go - enjoy!
- Myer Christmas Windows - Perfect Christmas. The annual windows are now open in Bourke Street Mall for you to visit. Now open until Thursday, 5th January 2017 7:30 am to 1:00 am daily. For Kel's cute review over at Melbourne Minor, head to this page. FREE.
- Santa's Magical Kingdom - This popular event will deliver a Christmas wonderland full of activities to capture children's imagination. Opens Friday the 17th of November till Sat 23rd of December. For our 2016 review, head to our dedicated page.
- David Jones Christmas Concert - PJ Masks, Peppa Pig and everyone's favourite Christmas characters are coming to Santa's Grand Arrival with 2 concerts! You can also join us in the LEGO Play Zone before and after the show. Saturday 18th November from 9am. More info via this event. FREE.
- Myer Christmas Carnival - Join Myer as they turn our Bourke Street Mall store into a festive fun fair with live entertainment, workshops, giveaways and more. Saturday 26th November 10am-6pm. More info here. FREE.
- Christmas Festival Official Tree Lighting Ceremony - The City of Melbourne is throwing a Free Ceremony Event on Friday 24th of November at 7pm to 9:15pm to mark the beginning of the Christmas Festival. This year's NEW Christmas Festival Hub will be at Federation Square with the 16 metres high Christmas tree higher than ever! Roving performers will entertain children before the tree lighting. More info on their page. FREE.
- Santa's House - Open from Saturday 25th Nov to Sunday 24th of December, Santa will be there every day from 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 3pm and 4pm to 7pm Fridays. Queues may be long but his elves will be there to entertain. More info on their page. FREE
- Giant Christmas Bauble - The Giant Christmas Bauble will be back again this year at Federation Square. It was a huge hit last year! You can walk inside this six-metre-high white wonder, which is a perfect spot for Christmas kisses and #melbmoment selfies. Thursday 30th November to Monday 25th December. More info on their page. FREE.
Santa’s Post Box - Drop off a letter to Santa or a gift for a child in need this Christmas. To receive a personalised reply, a self-addressed envelope and stamp must be included. Santa's Post Box and Spirit of Giving Box will be outside the Australia Post GPO on Elizabeth Street this year and a second letter box outside the District in Docklands. To give a gift to someone less fortunate this Christmas, put it in the Spirit of Giving box with a tag showing the recommended age for your gift. Open from Saturday 3rd of November to Friday 15th December. More info on their page.FREE.
- Fed Square, the State Library of Victoria and Docklands will become windows onto Santa’s workshop during the festival. Every night, magical, colourful Christmas Projections will show St Nick visiting the hard-working elves in his various toy-making departments. At Docklands, projections will be on the ground and interactive. Kids will love chasing and engaging with the Christmas colours, characters and imagery along New Quay Promenade. Friday 1st of December to Monday 25th of December. More info on their page. FREE.
- Gingerbread Village by EPICURE - One of the city centre’s most popular Christmas attractions, the Gingerbread Village is a wonder for all ages. Spot iconic Melbourne locations including the MCG or MelbourneTown Hall, purchase festive buttery biscuits and remember to make a gold coin donation as all proceeds will go towards the Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation. Opens Friday 1st of December to Sunday 24th of December at Melbourne Town Hall. Our 2016 review here. Gold Coin.
- Santa's Tree House at The District Docklands - Meet Santa in a scandi inspired tree house, have a chat and a photo and take part in free Christmas craft activities after! Our review here.
- Christmas delights at Docklands - The Melbourne Star Observation Wheel will have its nightly transformation into a kaleidoscope of colours for the Christmas-themed light display. From Monday 13th November to Sunday 24th December. More info here. FREE.
- Enjoy a FREE Christmas ArtVo Pop Up at Crown during the Christmas season as well as the Crown Christmas Spectacular Show. Our review and info here. FREE.
- Christmas Bricktacular at Legoland Discovery Centre - Experience the true magic of Christmas at the popular Melbourne attraction with festive activities scheduled throughout the month including special LEGO builds in Santa’s workshop, cupcake decorating and visits from Santa. More info here.
- Santa at David Jones Bourke Street - Visit the Magic Cave and meet Santa. Open various times. More info here.
- Santaland at Myer - Meet Santa and Mrs Claus at Myer. Open various times. Read our review here. FREE.