The toddler years are the golden years of creativity. Toddlers can pretend with just about anything, even if it’s not meant to be a toy! Little Creatures is a unique indoor play centre in Balwyn designed specifically to facilitate a young child’s imagination and creativity.
With an open-plan set up consisting of different play themes including a home corner, grocery store, fire station, builder’s workshop, costume room, soft play equipment, reading corner and train table, Little Creatures is the perfect play space for little ones.
It came as no surprise to me that Master Arlo went straight to the fire station as soon as we arrived while Miss Macy preferred to find a cosy spot in the reading corner, cuddling up to the big teddy bears and playing with dolls (her latest obsession!).
Once their curiosity got the better of them, they began exploring the other areas together and individually.
At one point they positioned themselves behind the grocery store cash register and had a team of little people collecting items in trolleys and bringing them to be scanned!
The train track and workshop were also favourite areas, as well as the home corner which saw Arlo whizzing around the centre with a vacuum cleaner helping to tidy up. I was super proud.
Although it may not offer equipment or toys that children can ride, climb or bounce (with the exception of a short rope ladder in the fire station), Little Creatures will be sure to entertain little ones while also challenging their skills and encouraging them to play, learn and interact with each other. We highly recommend that you visit!
- Entry is $5 for 6-12 months and $9.5 for little ones 1+ and allows unlimited play. Babies under six months and adults are free of charge. No need to book, just turn up.
- Take advantage of one of the special offers: Play & Snack Deal ($11) which includes unlimited play, a mini muffin or cupcake and a babycino OR Play & Lunch Deal ($13) which includes unlimited play, a sandwich and juice box.
- There is a café onsite serving a range of food and beverages with two seating areas so you can easily watch your little ones play whilst enjoying a coffee. Highchairs are also available.
- The space is pram friendly and there is a toilet with change facilities.
- Little Creatures is available for private birthday parties on the weekends. Check out the website for more information.
- FREE two and three hour street parking (believe me, you will need it!) is available opposite Little Creatures on Cherry Street.