The Play Pod is the State Library of Victoria's program for children aged five and under, packed with activities to read, create and play. With a new theme every season, Play Pod is always changing, fun and interactive, so children are free to explore and engage with the support of their parents and carers.
There is music in the air in the Jingle Jangle Jungle! Can Bear's friends help him find the perfect instrument to play? How cute is this new theme!
Bears are everywhere in the Play Pod's new theme!
Kids can use craft materials as part of the new theme, to create the Jingle Jangle Jungle and add their creation to the Play Pod poster.
The Play Pod launch included a Baby Bounce session where library staff read The Very Noisy Bear, sang songs and rhymes.
Kids were also spoilt at the launch party with an African drumming performance!
Kids can also make their own jungle picture, shaker, bear face and play with musical instruments and jungle costumes - oh what fun!
Checkout the new theme when you pop into the city soon! Thanks Kate for the great pics and filling us in today!
- Entry is FREE, woo hoo!
- The space isn’t big and can get quite busy on weekends and school holidays – so go early when the library opens at 10am.
- Be aware that the doors into The Courtyard stay open at all times. If you have a little one who likes to go off exploring, you will have to keep an eye on them.
- No food or drink is to be consumed within The Courtyard, except for bottled water.
- Pram parking is available in The Courtyard or you can check them into the Cloakroom at the Welcome Desk on level one.
- State Library of Victoria is very family friendly with designated baby-change and feeding areas located adjacent to The Courtyard.
This post contains some affiliate links. You don’t pay any extra and I earn a small commission to help pay for website hosting costs. Read more in my Disclosure Policy here.