The Booran Reserve playground located on the corner of Booran Rd and Glenhuntly Road in Glen Huntly opened mid last year and has been very popular with visitors since.
The Booran Reserve has been designed to ensure access for all ages and abilities. Colourful and gently sloped pathways allow intuitive movement and assist those with limited vision and mobility.
Harnesses on the five-way swing and double flying fox have been provided to give an immersive and shared experience. Softfall rubber pathways connect a range of play equipment, including Dutch disc spinner, birds nest swing and in-ground trampolines.
Smaller accessible paths weave and explore through shrubs, plantings and running water. The raised sandpit provides wheelchair access, and allows use of water spiral and mini sluice gate.
Little and big kids will love this playground's different play areas as well as the wet area.
The playground is located on the corner of Booran Rd and Glenhuntly Road. There is free parking next to the playground and some areas are restricted. Fencing is not throughout the playground so be mindful as it is near a main road.
Our packing list for this playground:
- Drink bottles
- Food for snacks, for lunch or for a picnic
- Swimmers and/or swimming nappies
- Change of clothes and undies and/or nappies
- Buckets and spades for the sandpit
- Pram or carrier
This playground has:
- Public toilets at the back nature area
- Accessible and street parking on the street along the playground on Grand Drive
- Picnic areas
- Seating, tables and benches
- Slide, climbing structure
- BBQ Facilities
- Water Play areas
For more Melbourne playgrounds, head to our dedicated page