When New York comes to town, you come to town! Head to the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) with the kids from now until October and experience New York! New York! The kids installation coincides with this year's Winter Masterpiece exhibition MoMA at NGV: 130 Years of Modern and Contemporary Art (our review here) and showcases New York City – home of MoMA - Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Kate and her little fun seekers headed to the media preview yesterday and loved wha the Big Apple had to offer! Thanks Kate for the gorgeous pics xo Catherine. Follow Kate on Instagram at @kateflatman.
New York! New York! invites children of all ages (and adults) to explore the sights and sounds of the Big Apple - New York! This modern installation comprises of four activity zones and a digital area where kids can take part in a quiz to test their knowledge and teach them about New York City landmarks.
Two of the activity zones - City Blocks invite young children to discover Manhattan’s Uptown and Downtown and build their own miniature 3D versions of the districts using custom-designed wooden toy blocks that feature façades of New York buildings.
One of the other activity zones is the Marble Run where kids can make a marble speed across the busy city and experience the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple.
The last activity zone which kids will also love is the City Lights photo booth where you can pose in front of the iconic backdrop of New York’s city skyline.
Kids can also test their knowledge about New York City landmarks in the digital installation Let’s Go to New York City!
The exhibition also includes an immersive large-scale panoramic video projection of the New York City skyline with breakaway moments that highlight urban street life, underground subway networks, and the excitement of Broadway that kids will love watching.
Kids will love New York! New York! - a great kids installation perfect for when you pop into the Melbourne CBD and perfect for the cold and rainy days this winter.
- New York! New York! is now showing at the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) located at 180 St Kilda Road in Melbourne.
- The NGV is open daily from 10am to 5pm.
- Entry is free to New York! New York!
- New York! New York! is now showing at the NGV until Sunday 7th Oct 2018.
- The gallery is pram friendly however due to restricted space in the kids installation, you can park your pram in the pram parking bay and coats and drop any bulky belongings at the Cloak Room.
- Free city trams are available across the Melbourne CBD however make sure the stops you take are covered by the free program.
Busy City Kids were invited to the media preview of New York! New York! for the purpose of a review. All opinions & feedback are genuine & truthful. Travel and food were self funded.