Spring is here and little goats are ready for little ones' pats at Collingwood Children's Farm. How gorgeous are these pics from Kate!
We thought we would take the opportunity to show how great the Collingwood Children's Farm is for little ones! Below are some pics from the archives that Kate took when her and her little ones visited the farm last. For her review of Family Day at the Farm, head to her review here.
Little ones and their carers will love visiting the Collingwood Children's Farm, we loved visiting when we lived in Melbourne and cannot wait to visit again. At the farm, kids can enjoy wondering around the paddocks checking out the farm animals (horses, cows, goats, chickens, pigs, guinea pigs, geese and more!), giving cuddles to guinea pigs, touching other farm animals or milking a cow.
You can combine a visit to the Farm on Saturdays which is when Farmers' market is on where delicious food from local producers as well as fruit & vegetables and meat are sold on the day however there are no cuddles with animals in the morning. Extra activities are often organised on weekends and school holidays.
Kids will love patting a horse, milking a cow and wondering through this beautiful farm. Great for a day out with friends and family. The Farm Café as well as the Abbotsford Convent Café next door also offer great coffee and food.
- The Collingwood Children's Farm is open Monday to Sunday 9:15 am to 4:30 pm
- Entry is $5 full/$3 concession for a Child, $10 full/$5 concession for an Adult, Family (two adults & up to four children) $20 full/$10 concession. An annual membership is also available at reception
- Activities happen every day no bookings or fees. Cow Milking at 10.15am & 4pm, Guinea Pig cuddles 10.30am-11am, 12.30pm-1pm and 3.15pm-3.45pm
- Family Day on each month where cuddle times vary but there are no cuddles on Market day in the morning
- Extra activities are often organised on weekends and school holidays
- At busy times, for the animals welfare, free access to paddocks may be closed to visitors
- Last entry to the farm is at 3.30pm
- Parking is available close to the Farm at St Heliers Street. Proceeds go to Abbotsford Convent Foundation and the Collingwood Children's Farm
- Pop into the Farm's café for some great food and drinks
- Pop into the Abbotsford Convent Foundation for some great food and drinks
The Collingwood Children's Farm is located at 18 St Heliers St in Abbotsford.