- Myer Christmas Windows - Now until Wednesday 6th Jan - Bourke Street Mall
This year's Myer Christmas Windows celebrate 60 years of Christmas windows and Melbourne with the cute story of a little dog. Checkout our review here.
- Myer Giftorium - Now on - Level 6 Myer Melbourne
The Myer Giftorium is the only retailer in Australia to offer a unique set of services to assist customers when shopping for gifts, decorations and festive food ideas this coming Christmas season. There will be 2.5 million products to chose from and a range of services for customers to personalise their gifts this year. Checkout our review here.
- Santa at Myer Santaland - Now until Thursday 24th Dec - Level 6 Myer Giftorium Melbourne
Children can meet Santa at Santaland for a photo to cherish and a chance to tell him all the goodies on their wish list. More info here.
- Santa at David Jones - Now till Thursday 24th Dec - Level 5 Toy Department Bourke Street Mall
Children can meet Santa in his enchanted Magic Cave and have their photo taken with Santa. More info here.
- Santa & Sensitive Santa at Highpoint - Now to Thursday 24th Dec - David Jones Forecourt L2
Children can share their Christmas wishes, have their photo taken and enjoy a free gift from Santa. There will also be a special experience with children with autism. More info here.
- Santa's Magical Kingdom - Now to Thursday 24th Dec - Caulfield Racecourse
Santa's Magical Kingdom is set to bring all the wonder and joy of a traditional Christmas with an interactive walk-through and a wonderland full of activities. This magical experience includes everything that you love about Christmas so get the ready to be amazed! More info here.
- Santa’s Post Boxes - Now to Friday 18th Dec - Christmas Square
Write a letter to Santa addressed to North Pole, 9999 and post it in Santa’s Mail Box to get a reply from Santa himself! Plus drop a gift off at the Australia Post Giving Box where your donation will be delivered to a child in need. More info here.
- Crown's Atrium Spectacular - Now to Friday 1st of Jan - Atrium at Crown Towers
See the Atrium at Crown Towers come alive with a spectacular animatronic, lighting and musical display every 30 minutes. A 15 metre 24-hour fully lit Christmas tree with giant spinning baubles pop open to reveal all of Santa's friends. Daily 10am to midnight. FREE photographs with Santa, 12 - 6pm daily.
- Christmas Square - Now to Friday 25th Dec - City Square
The centre of Melbourne’s Christmas Festival, City Square will be transformed into Christmas Square, a magical forest offering festive fun for families and children. By day, discover nutcracker soldiers, interactive candy canes, free photos with Santa and visit Intel’s interactive RealSense area and explore an exciting glimpse of the future. By night, enjoy the Christmas sound and light show wonderlands.
Christmas square will officially launch Melbourne’s Christmas Festival at its free public tree lighting ceremony on Friday 27th November. More info here.
- Melbourne Town Hall Projections - Now to Friday 25th Dec - Melbourne Town Hall
Watch as Christmas projections, inspired by the twelve days of Christmas and Melbourne icons illuminate MelbourneTown Hall and turn it into a magical scene that changes before your eyes. More info here.
- Santa in the City - Now to Friday 25th Dec - Christmas Square
Children are invited to meet Santa, tell him their Christmas wishes and take a FREE photo with Santa and his helpers. More info here.
- LEGO Christmas Tree - Now to Sunday 27th Dec - Federation Square
This Christmas, the Southern Hemisphere’s largest LEGO® Christmas Tree is coming to the heart and soul of Melbourne – Federation Square. Standing taller than a two-storey house, wider than a family car and built from half a million LEGO bricks, this spectacular tree will switch on its lights on Friday, 27 November to mark the official start of the festive season. More info here.
- LEGO Christmas Creations - Now to Sunday 27th Dec - Federation Square
Head to the Atrium Fracture Gallery to see a display of amazing LEGO models that have been built by the Melbourne community and dedicated adult fans of LEGO. More info here.
- Giant Theremin - Now to Friday 25th Dec - Near Signal at the end of Sandridge Bridge
The giant Christmas Theremin is a super-sized musical instrument standing more than seven metres tall, controlled by movement rather than touch and can be played by up to 8 people at once. Through December enjoy creating your own Christmas styled compositions and spread the Christmas cheer. More info here.
- Our Christmas Gift: A Concert Spectacular - Saturday 28th Nov - Hamer Hall
The Salvation Army presents 'Our Christmas Gift', a family concert for the community of Melbourne. This concert spectacular will include carol singing, entertainment and music featuring some of Australia's finest entertainers: Silvie Paladino, David Hobson, Emma Pask, Fatai and Wacky Creative all supported by the 150 voice choir and The Salvation Army Band. More info here.
- Gingerbread Village by Epicure - Now to Saturday 24th Dec - Melbourne Town Hall
Find your favourite Melbourne landmark made out of gingerbread at Melbourne Town Hall. Make a gold coin donation to Make-A-Wish Australia. Read our review.
- Nativity Scene Blessing - Wednesday 2nd Dec 10:30 AM - Christmas Square
You are invited to witness a blessing of the Nativity scene and listen to traditional Christmas carols sung by a Christmas choir. More info here.
- Christmas Films Outdoor Cinema - Wed 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd Dec - Federation Square
Pull up a deckchair in front of the Big Screen and relax with friendly Christmas films every Wednesday. More info here.
- QV Outdoor Cinema - Thursday 3rd Dec to Sunday 28th Feb - QV Square
Kick back and relax at QV's new outdoor cinema. The December program will feature a host of Christmas classics including Home Alone, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Bad Santa, Miracle on 34th Street and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, as well as other beloved big screen favourites. More info here.
- Williamstown Christmas Night Market - Friday 4th Dec - Ferguson St & Douglas Pde
FREE street event. FREE face painting. FREE Carousel Ride. Santa will be there on a very special vintage fire truck. Performing elves. Christmas Carolers. Shops open until late so you can get a kick start on your Christmas shopping. More info here.
- Christmas Celebrations on Union Road - Saturday 5th Dec - Union Rd, Ascot Vale
FREE street event from 10am to 2pm. Twilight Carols from 4.30pm to 6pm. The festival will have photos with Santa, a Balloonologist Elf, a Craft station, live music, a jumping castle, face painting and more! More info here.
- Moonee Ponds Central Santa Photos & Sensory Santa - Saturday 5th to 24th December - outside Kmart
Little ones can meet and have their photo taken with Santa. More info here. There's also a special Sensory Santa on the Sunday 6th and Tuesday 8th of December. More info here.
- LEGO Christmas Decoration Build - Sunday 6th, 13th and 20th Dec - Federation Square
Come to The Square and build your own LEGO decorations to take home with you in this festive workshop for the whole family! More info here.
- Christmas Story times and circus with Melbourne Library Service - Tuesday 8th to Tuesday 15th December
Entertain the little ones with Christmas music, stories, craft & magic at various libraries this Christmas season. More info here.
- Carols in Queens Park - Sunday 13th Dec - Queens Park Moonee Ponds
Celebrate the festive season with a free evening of carols and entertainment under the stars at this year’s Carols in Queens Park. Kids activities taking place before the show. More info here.
- Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight - Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight has been a fabulous Christmas tradition for 77 years, bringing together Australian classic Christmas carols, and an evening of entertainment with something for the whole family. More info here.