Here's some ideas to keep the little ones busy this long weekend!
- AFL Grand Final Parade - children can see their favourite AFL players - check details here
- Ian Potter Foundation's Children's Garden - water features, sandpit, veggie garden, shaded areas & picnic area - check our review here
- Royal Park Nature Play playground - water jets, sandpit, swings, slides & picnic area - check our review here.
- Zoos Victoria Zoos - water jets at Enter the Lion Gorge at Melbourne Zoo, check our review here, water features and sandpit at the Werribee Zoo's Hippo water play and a visit at the Healesville Zoo for some Aussie animals fun and a picnic. Check the Zoo's opening hours and exhibits here.
- The Plum Garland Memorial Playground - right on the beach, water jets, sandpit, swings & slides - check our review here.
- Coles Fountain in Parliament Gardens Reserve - water fountain right in the city with lots of grass to run across or use for a picnic.
- Any playground will do - checkout our list of playgrounds we have reviewed so far.
- Museum Victoria's three museums - Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and Immigration Museum - check their opening hours and current exhibitions here.