Little Miss and I love the Little Kids' Day In events at Scienceworks. A great day full of activities and shows just for little ones under 6 years, their parents & carers! No school groups!
The next Little Kids' Day In will be this coming Monday 26th of October with a special theme 'Our Place in Space' and will coincide with Children's Week (check our full list of events for the week here).
Activities on the day include:
Special Exhibition Gallery
- Kiddyrock Activities (10am to 2pm) - Children can help build the biggest space station in the galaxy! Join in for an art & craft, music-making, story-telling, singing and dancing space jam and help Kiddyrock launch their space program.
- Stars in a Cup (10am to 2pm) - Children can use everyday household items to explore the science of the night sky. Make their own take-home constellation cup, hold it up to the light and see the stars in this ten minute activity.
- Big Blue Bathtub (10am to 2pm) - A special space for babies where they can shake, rattle and roll as they explore a paddling pool filled not with water, but with homemade sensory toys!
- Federation Handbells (10am to 2pm) - Children can get musical with the beautiful Federation Handbells and create sounds or play a tune using the bells.
- The Luna Moonies Children’s Band (11am, 12pm & 1pm) - Children can sing and dance along with the Luna Moonies band and their galactic grooves and space jams. They can also meet Silver Moon, Strawberry Moon, Blue Moon, Full Moon and Mystic Moon in this 15 minute performance.
- Games for Gigglers (10am to 2pm) - Children can get active with lots of games outdoors!
(Arrive on time – latecomers will not be admitted. A surcharge applies. No refunds. No food or drink permitted.)
- Tycho to the Moon (10.30am, 11.30am & 12.30pm) - Children can see Tycho, the first dog on the moon and share the adventures of Tycho and his young friends Ruby and Michael as they blast off to the moon (animated adventure for ages 3 years & up).
While you're there do checkout the Alice's Wonderland exhibition and the permanent Nitty Gritty Super City exhibition. Lots of fun for little ones!