Lots of great ideas to keep the little ones entertained these Sydney Autumn School Holidays!
Art Gallery of NSW
- Colourwheel - free exhibition and activity area. Kids can colour in their own seagull which relates to the exhibition and cut out coloured shapes to make their own coloured paper structure.
- Silk Road treasures - free art making activity for families. Journey along the ancient Silk Road and make your own art inspired by the beautiful objects in the exhibition Tang 唐:treasures from the Silk Road capital. On until Fri 22nd April from 11am to 4pm. All materials and instructions are provided. Entry to the exhibition not included.
- Wild Planet - Kids see over 400 animals under one roof. Free with admission. On now.
- Jet Pack Craft - Kids can make their own Jet Pack using paper bags and craft materials. $5 per child after admission. On until Sunday 24th April.
- Tiny Tots (1 to 3 yrs) & Mini Explorers (3 to 5 yrs) - Kids can enjoy fun & educational programs designed especially for their age group. They can explore, take part in arts & crafts, dress up and sensory activities and sing and play musical instruments. $8 to $10 per child. On until Friday 22nd April.
- Kidspace - Free kid zone where little ones under 5 can explore cubby house pods (bug pod, marine pod, volcano pod, observation pod and imagination pod). There is also a baby space for curious crawlers as well as a feeding and changing area. On every day during opening hours.
Sydney Opera House
- Kids at the House - Various music and theatre shows as well as Junior Adventure and Lunch options during the school holidays. Times and ticket prices vary.
- Creative Play - Free installation during the school holidays. These holidays children can come and try to break the unbreakable line of the interactive digital drawing wall. 10am to 4pm during the holidays.
Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences
- The Art of the Brick: DC Comics - 120 large-scale sculptures of super heroes and super villains created like Batman, Superman, the Joker etc. made with over a million lego bricks! Free for kids under 4, ticket prices vary. On until 1st May.
- Workshops - Various workshops for all ages taking place these holidays on various topics: astronomy, coding, gaming, stop motion, video, lego and more.
Museum of Contemporary Art
- Grayson Perry - Grayson Perry is one of the best known British artists of his generation, acclaimed for his ceramics, sculptures, drawings, prints and tapestries. Free for kids under 12, adults $20. On until 1st May.
- Grayson Perry for Kids : My Pretty Little Art Studio - Free art studio activities. Kids can join in paper-plane decorating workshops, create their own pot and see their patterns projected onto real pots in a digital recreation of Perry's London studio.
Sydney Comedy Festival
- Comedy for kids - Sydney Town Hall will be transformed into a jungle of comedic proportions. 2 hours of action packed willy funny entertainment with story telling, break out stations, cartoon illustrations and street dance lessons. Free with $2.50 booking fee donated to Redfern’s Sydney Story Factory.