The Manly Andrew 'Boy' Charlton Aquatic Centre is located on 1 Kenneth Road in Manly. Named after Andrew Murray Charlton, a Manly raised freestyle swimmer in the 1920s 1930s. The centre was recently reopened in August this year after a large refurbishment.
The pool is now fully equipped for residents or visitors and has the following facilities:
- 8 lane 50 metre heated outdoor pool
- 5 lane 25 metre heated outdoor pool
- Shade covered baby and heated toddler pool, shaded seating areas
- 8 lane 25 metre indoor heated pool with ramp entry
- Indoor Program heated Pool with ramp entry
- A children’s Water Play and Leisure Pool
- A Spa area
- Steam and Sauna Rooms
- Gym and
- Short term daycare
Our favourite part of this amazing centre is of course the children's area where little Miss and her brother love spending a couple of hours at a time playing there. Little Miss loves going down the slide, playing under the jets, having a bit of a swim and splashing everyone of course!
If like me you don't feel like swimming sometimes, not a problem, the children's pool is fully covered and there is a café in the centre with coffees and food at reasonable prices so you can relax while dad takes care of the little ones in the pool (I know cheeky right!).
Or head outside to have a picnic or do some sunbathing and more swimming in the large lap pool.
Or spend time in the children's outdoor play pools which we love too!
- Save on entry prices by buying a family ticket instead of paying per person if you can
- Kids under 4 are free
- Spectators still pay $4 entry fee
- Bring some water and snacks to save on café buys
- Bring your usual change of clothes after pool as well as sunscreen if you're planning on heading outside
- Kids who are not toilet trained must wear a swimming nappy
- There are ample change rooms, toilets, showers and shower rooms with change tables at the centre
- There is free parking at the front of the centre or free off-street parking along the cricket grounds
- Nearby Harris Farm is great if you want to pick up some groceries, an ice cream or fruit for snacks
For more pools and beaches, head to our dedicated page.