The Melbourne Zoo is going wild about cats! Explore the Carnivores' Trail, the 'Safe Cat, Safe Wildlife' campaign down Cat Alley, play in the Safe Cat Play House and enjoy cat enrichment activities in the Keeper Kids indoor play space! Lots to miaow about!
The Carnivores' Trail provides a state-of-the-art home for the Melbourne Zoo’s top-order predators. Visitors can meet the newest additions to the Snow Leopard family, watch the South American Coati as he explores his new home, journey through the world of the majestic African Lion, experience new corners of the zoo with the Sumatran Tiger, come face-to-face with Australia's most famous predator, the Tasmanian Devil and learn how you can keep your own cat safe and happy at Cat Alley.
Explore CAT Alley and understand Zoos Victoria and RSPCA Victoria's latest campaign Safe Cat, Safe Wildlife - an ongoing campaign to help cat owners give their cat the safest, happiest and longest life possible while ensuring they have no link to loss of wildlife.
Kids can wonder down CAT Alley and like true Melburnians take a photo against the great murals!
They can then wonder in the Safe Cat Play House where they can pretend to be a cat and enjoy cat enrichment activities indoors.
So be Wild about Cats these holidays and learn everything there is to learn about some of the world’s most powerful species in the impressive Carnivore trail and learn how we can keep our domestic cats safe and happy at home with the Safe Cat, Safe Wildlife campaign.
- The Carnivores Trail and Safe Cat, Safe Wildlife are permanent exhibits at the Melbourne Zoo.
- Entry to both is included in Melbourne Zoo entry fee.
- Melbourne Zoo entry if $36 per adult, Free for kids under 4, Free for kids 4-15 years during school & public holidays) and weekends. Concession ticket is $27.50 and Senior is $32.50.
- Melbourne Zoo is open every day of the year 9am to 5pm.
- Melbourne Zoo is pram friendly.
- Parking is available outside the Melbourne Zoo for a small fee of $2 for 5 hours. Please bare in mind parking gets full on weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
- There are accessible toilets as well as parents rooms throughout the Zoo.