On our recent Adelaide school holiday trip in July, we took the opportunity to visit relatives on the Fleurieu Peninsula. We couldn't resist popping in to the cute and local gem - the Goolwa Animal Farm.
Run by friendly couple Allan and Caroline, this cute animal farm is worth a visit as kids will want to stay for hours to pet the animals, go on a trailer ride, ride a pony or play in the little playground so grab some snacks or a picnic.
Little Miss was given a little spotting game at reception to spot the gnomes around the farm which was quite amusing. The kids couldn't wait to see the animals as soon as we visited and were pretty much in love with the rabbits and guinea pigs so we grabbed some animal feed.
Animals on the farm include rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, chicks, ducks, turkeys, goats, doves, pigs, donkeys, ponies as well as 3 different types of kangaroos, some emus and alpacas.
The kids loved the rabbit and guinea pig area and were happy to stay in there for ages while they cuddled, fed and looked at new baby rabbits.
It was then time for us to jump onto the trailer for a trailer ride around the paddock where we saw emus, alpacas, different types of kangaroos, sheep and more.
We then had a snake showing of the resident python which the kids and I were happy to pat and hold (yes I held a python to my surprise).
We continued looking around the farm checking out the ducks, chickens and jumping on the old tractors around and playing in the little play area with sandpit, toys and riding cars.
Little Miss insisted she wanted to take her first pony ride and loved the experience that Allan provided and wants to ride again. Thank you Allan and Caroline for making this experience for her so special.
We had an amazing time at the Goolwa Animal Farm and highly recommend a visit if you are in the area. The kids will love it and you will too!
- The Goolwa Animal Farm is located at 85 Airport Rd, Goolwa minutes from Goolwa on the way to the airport.
- The farm is open at various times during the school term and school holidays, check their website to check times and opening days.
- Admission to the farm is $10 per adult, $8 for children/senior/student and Free for kids under 2.
- A trailer ride is included in admission, pony ride for kids over 2 is $5 and animal feed $1.
- A play area is available for under 2s and older kids.
- The farm is pram friendly.
- Grab some animal feed at reception.
- Enjoy a coffee or other treats at the café while you're there.
- Toilets are located at the entrance (male, female, disabled and baby change facilities available).
Busy City Kids were invited to the Goolwa Animal Farm for the purposes of a review. All opinions & feedback are genuine & truthful. Travel, food and fee paying activities were self funded.
For more information and up-to-date news about the Goolwa Animal Farm, head to their website.