Kid & Hub was founded by Stacey and Giuliana in late 2016 who both moved back to Adelaide from Melbourne and were looking for a space where they could go with their children and help them learn, create and play in a safe environment. They were not able to find such space so they created Kid & Hub and opened in early 2017. We have been looking at visiting Kid & Hub since last September and were lucky to grab two spots for the Movers & Makers 0 to 5 years old program these holidays! As you can imagine, spots do fill up quickly, now we know why!
We arrived a little bit early before our Movers & Makers session and sat down at the coffee shop while watching little Miss and her brother enjoy themselves in the little play hub. You can pop in anytime at the coffee shop and let your little ones play in the play area for $5 or for free if you are a member. The coffee and food is very nice.
Before our Movers & Makers session started, kids are invited to pop into the little pre-session area 15 minutes before the session starts where they can have a play, go down the slide, make some music with little instruments provided and join the instructor for a welcome song and a few cute activities. When it's time to start the session, kids are asked to take shoes and socks off and put a paint smock on and get ready for some messy fun!
The Movers & Makers monthly theme we attended was based on the Seasons and the season for that week was Winter. A variety of messy play, arts & crafts, painting, science skills and some great activities to develop fine and motor skills. Different stations were setup for kids to enjoy and my kids did just that - they loved their 45 minutes and received a fruit at the end of the session. Little Miss has asked to go back again when we visit Adelaide. After they enjoyed the session, they played some more in the café play hub after a juice and croissant.
- Kid & Hub is located at 253A Magill Road in Maylands in Adelaide.
- The centre is open Monday to Friday, closed Saturday & Sunday and closed on Public Holidays. Opening times vary.
- Pop in for a coffee and a play in the Play Hub anytime.
- Admission to Coffee & Play Hub is free for Kid & Hub members or $5 per child for non members. Play & Coffee Tuesday is great for play dates as there are no Movers & Makers sessions on that day and everything is opened up.
- Admission to Movers & Makers sessions vary. Perfect for kids under 6. You can either pay the casual visit fee of $27 or a five pass membership at $115 or ten pass membership at $200.
- Book in advance for programs as spots book out quickly.
- Book your child's next birthday party at Kid & Hub for a fun alternative.
Busy City Kids were invited to Kid & Hub for the purposes of a review. All opinions & feedback are genuine & truthful. Travel, food and fee paying activities were self funded.