We recently took the kids' new helmets from Cycle Style and bikes for a spin at the Ryde Park Scooter & Bike Track which opened in late March this year.
The new upgrades include an amazing scooter and bike track for children, complete with traffic signs, a roundabout and traffic lights. There is also an undercover seating area, landscaped gardens, drinking fountains, a relaxing picnic park and a new dog off-leash fenced area next to it.
The kids loved racing around the track, stopping for snacks and park at the scooter/bike parking.
There is also a nearby playground and Grounds Keeper Café to catchup with friends and for something different. There is also another simple bike track.
We had a great time at the Ryde Park Scooter and Bike Track and highly recommend it. The kids will sleep well after!
This playground is located at 7 Blaxland Road in Ryde.
Our packing list for this bike park & nearby playground:
- Drink bottles
- Food for snacks, for lunch or for a picnic
- BYO KeepCup for the Grounds Keeper Café and get a coffee discount
This playground has:
- Public toilets ONLY at nearby Grounds Keeper Café
- Street parking on the street along the playground on Argyle Avenue or on Princes St
- Picnic areas nearby park
- Seating, tables and benches
- Large swing, play structure with swing, climbing structure
For more ideas on what to do with the kids in Sydney, head to our blog, our daily spots list or pools & beaches or playgrounds list. And for a full list of parents rooms around Sydney, head to our parents room page.