The Wingara Reserve located at 18 Wingara Grove in Belrose, Sydney is fantastic with its nearby grass reserve. Located behind the Glenrose Shopping Centre (which I tend to call Glenrose Belrose Melrose ha!) it is a great playground to go to before or after a visit at the shops or a visit at the NEW Glen Street Library (our review here). I believe this playground was recently redone as the council website still has a photo of some swings and a slide which were there in the past.
The playground features a main structure which has a climbing spider web, a large slide, little rock climbing structures as well as a structure for little ones to climb up and a small slide. There is also a basket nest swing as well as a swing for babies and older kids.
The playground is not fenced however it is in a quiet cul de sac and it is set away from the road altho little Mister won't let that stop him!
There is local free parking next to the playground, alternatively you can park at the Glenrose Shopping Centre (also free) and take the pram down.
There are no toilets onsite so if your kid needs to go, head to the Glenrose Shopping Centre.
A great playground all over - thumbs up!
- Bring sunscreen and a hat for your little ones although there is nice shade from the trees
- Bring a picnic, snacks and water bottle as there are no shops around the playground
- There is a little walking and cycling path along playground so grab the little one's scooter or bike
This playground has:
- No public toilets
- Accessible parking on the street
- Cycling track
- Free street parking
- Picnic areas
- Seating, tables, benches
- Swings for babies and older kids
- Walking and cycling paths
For more Sydney playgrounds, head to our dedicated page.