When researching places to experience in Singapore, I stumbled upon Buds by Shangri-La and knew I had to take the kids there! The kids' face when we entered Buds and they saw that ball pit and the gorgeous place was priceless! They had the best time and didn't want to leave but after more than 2 hours, I was the one feeling tired ha! We did not have time to see the outdoors area which is a shame as it looks fantastic! Thank you to Buds for inviting us - what an amazing play space!
Children 4 years+ will love the Explorer Zone - they can jump and play in the ball pit, bounce on a corner trampoline, climb their way up to the second level and bounce off up there, swing off large mesh balls and more.
They will also enjoy the little 'garden' space on the right of the ball pit where they can play with pretend dirt and go through tunnels. There is also a climbing structure located next to that space with a slide against the wall where the rainbow starts.
They will love the second section of the Explorer Zone where they can use slides to slide into the ball pit, play with rubber balls and shoot into a games' wall and climb upstairs into the space zone and shoot with ball guns and go down a metal slide.
Little ones under four years old will love the Toddler Zone - they will love playing the piano floor, play in the little playground, the ball pit, bouncers, play with shapes and enjoy the vintage free car rides.
Parents can 'recharge' in the recharge café located next to the Toddler Zone. RFID wristband technology is available for parents if they wish to recharge while their children are safe & secure in the play zones. A number of staff supervise children during their play.
The Explorer Zone for kids over 4 does not need parental supervision however myself and my husband wanted to join in the fun too and allow little Mister 2 to join in the fun with his sister even though the space is designed for older kids. This meant that we had to be mindful as some spaces like the little 'garden space' was challenging for him and he almost lost his balance standing on a mound like his sister but luckily a staff member who was closer than I was grabbed him quickly for me.
Themed spaces like Muddy, Stage, Bake and Party Room supplement the Buds play zones. Muddy is for budding artists who like to make a splash, Stage is a music studio for young performers, Bake is a fully equipped cooking classroom for children & parents and Party Room is an interactive space for celebrations. Activities are charged separately.
Visitors can have fun outdoors amongst the hotel lush gardens with a giant pirate structure fitted with challenging climbs and slides in the Outdoor Playground and cool down in the Water Play Zone euqppied with splash pads. They can also enjoy the free-form outdoor swimming pool located in the centre of the hotel property, with its wading area and jet fountain.
We really enjoyed our time at Buds by Shangri-La! What an amazing space for hotel guests and non hotel guests to enjoy. Shangri-La is such a beautiful hotel, wish we had stayed there - time to organise another holiday ha!
- Buds by Shangri-La is located inside Shangri-La Hotel at 22 Orange Grove Rd, Orchard Road, Singapore.
- Buds by Shangri-La Indoor is open Mon-Sun from 9am to 9pm and Outdoor is open Mon-Sun from 9am to 7pm.
- Head to the Tower Wing, Level 1, Adjacent to The Line, Pool & Health Club to get to Buds Indoor first.
- There are custom designed children's toilets inside Buds and a nursing room opposite Buds' entrance as well as toilets.
- There is a Recharge Café for parents inside Buds. Parents can recharge with RFID wristband technology to keep their children safe & secure.
- Buds cannot accommodate for prams inside the centre due to space restrictions. Grab a carrier if you have a little one with you that needs to nap during their brother/sister plays.
- Kids must wear anti-slip socks for safety at all times. Kids will not be allowed to play or go in the ball pit without socks. You can purchase socks at reception if needed. Adults can use slippers provided but cannot access the ball pit without socks on.
- Admission prices vary - hotel guests of Themed Family Suites and Family Deluxe Rooms get in for free, entry for other hotel guests varies from $18 to $28 per chid (includes entry for one adult) and entry for non hotel guests (includes entry for one adult) varies from $28 to $48 for three hours. Activities are charged separately.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent for mosquitoes, water bottles, as well as swimmers (tops and bottoms) for both kids & adults, swimming nappies (if needed), a change of clothes if you are heading in the Outdoor playground and Water play zone.
- Water and baby milk is allowed inside Buds however outside food is not allowed.
- Buds admits Children 0 to 12 years old. Children under 4 need to be supervised by an adult at all times. Adults are not allowed at Buds without a child.
Busy City Kids were invited to Buds by Shangri-La Singapore for the purposes of a review. All opinions & feedback are genuine & truthful. Travel was self funded. To read our other Singapore reviews, head here.