Every time I have visited Singapore in the past, I have found myself walking around the beautiful Singapore Botanic Gardens. This year's trip was with our children and we couldn't wait to show them around and of course visit the new Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden which opened in November 2017 last year after a $12 million extension to the Singapore Botanic Gardens!
The Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden is the first garden in Asia dedicated to children. Its theme of ‘Life on Earth Depends on Plants’ aims to educate and instil a love for nature in children. The Garden offers children a space for exploration, adventure and play with a farm, an orchard, and a forest with its own stream and ponds.
Great for young adventure seekers who can explore the suspension bridge and nature play areas. Budding naturalists can walk along the stream and climb into the tree-houses and urban gardeners can observe how plants grow and pick up some gardening tips! Grab a Kid's map at the Visitor Centre at the entrance to help your child become an ‘Adventurer’, ‘Gardener’ or ‘Naturalist’ for a day at the Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden by following the dedicated trails.
Our first stop was in the Explore Zone, where the children enjoyed going up the Tree House and going down the red slides. Little Mister 2 was brave and loved these speedy slides! The children also enjoyed a play in the sandpit area. You can access the Pond area by turning pass the red slides and follow that trail.
We continued the Explore Zone and went pass the Suspension Bridge, pass the Water Play and Playground areas in the Play Zone and pass the Maze. We then did a loop and went pass the Forest Zone to head to the Orchard Zone.
We loved the Forest Zone' Adventure Play and Flying Fox spots.
The children loved jumping on the little ground trampoline as well as climbing around the Adventure Play areas which lead to the Flying Fox area. We did not try the Flying Fox as there were a few people on the day.
We loved our visit at the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden. We highly recommend you visit this little Children's oasis amongst the beautiful Singapore Botanic Gardens. Kids will love wondering around this garden that has been especially designed for them.
- The Jacob Ballas Children's Garden is located at 1H Cluny Road (Singapore Botanic Gardens), Singapore.
- There are many ways you can get to the gardens via MRT, bus, car or taxi.
- The Jacob Ballas Children's Garden is open Tuesday to Sunday from 8am to 7pm and closed on Mondays (except when it falls on a designated public holiday).
- There are toilets located around the gardens and the gardens are fully accessible for prams and wheelchairs.
- There are food outlets in parts of the gardens for visitors.
- Entry to the Singapore Botanic Gardens and Jacob Ballas Children's Garden is FREE.
- Great for kids 14 yrs and below. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Adult visitors without children are not permitted at the Children's Garden for children's safety.
- Bring snacks, hats, sunscreen, insect repellent for mosquitoes, water bottles, comfy shoes as well as swimmers (tops and bottoms) for kids to enjoy the small wet area, swimming nappies (if needed), a change of clothes and possible rain gear if there is expected rain on the day.
Busy City Kids were NOT invited to the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden for the purposes of a review. Entry to the garden is FREE and we loved it. All opinions & feedback are genuine & truthful. Travel, food and fee paying activities were self funded. To read our other Singapore reviews, head here.