The Clontarf Reserve is located off Sandy Bay Road in Clontarf.
It is a great spot for families with areas for a picnic or bbq, it has a small fenced off area for little swimmers and a great size playground and a little café.
If you haven't been before, make sure you introduce your child to the swimming area so that they are familiar with how deep or shallow it is.
The grass is a bit worse for wears so bring some picnic equipment such as chairs, picnic blankets etc. There are a bbq onsite as well as some benches and tables however it does get busy at times so best be prepared.
The playground is situated right next to the water and is great for kids of all ages. It has two sets of swings, lots of climbing structures, two types of slides as well as a boat and a little structure for little ones to play in.
There is a café onsite with some reasonably priced food if you don't manage to pack anything for snacks or lunch. There are also council operated toilets onsite too.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat for your little ones
- Bring some swimming gear and towels
- Bring some sand castle gear
- Bring some chairs and a picnic blanket
- Bring a shade tent if you have one as there is only a few shady spots
- Bring a picnic, snacks and water bottles
This beach and playground has:
- Accessible public toilets
- Accessible parking (paying parking for non Northern beaches residents)
- Areas for little ones to play
- BBQ equipment
- Picnic areas
- Seating, tables, benches
- Shower on the beach
- Swings for babies and older kids
- Unleashed dog area at Sandy Bay north of Clontarf Marina
For more Sydney beaches, head to our dedicated page.
For more Sydney playgrounds, head to our dedicated page.