melbourne - school holidays spots
September School Holidays Edition - Saturday 22nd Sept to Sunday 7th Oct 2018 - DRAFT
art galleries & libraries
- NGV Melbourne - MoMA at NGV: 130 Years of Modern and Contemporary Art - The exhibition provides a unique survey of the Museum’s iconic collection. Consisting of over 200 key works, arranged chronologically into eight thematic sections, the exhibition traces the development of art and design from late-nineteenth-century urban and industrial transformation, through to the digital and global present. Open daily until 7th Oct. $28 per adult, Children 5 to 15 years are $10, $65 per family ticket (2 adults & 3 children) and kids under 5 are free. On until 7th October. Our review here.
- NGV Melbourne - New York! New York! invites children of all ages (and adults) to explore the sights and sounds of the Big Apple - New York! This modern installation comprises of four activity zones and a digital area where kids can take part in a quiz to test their knowledge and teach them about New York City landmarks. Free. On until 7th October. Our review here.
- Legoland Discovery Centre - Underwater LEGO Quest - Come face-to-face with a curious, treasure-hunting LEGO octopus, complete the starfish build, discover mysterious sea creatures at bottom of the ocean floor with our all new interactive digital build table, and don't forget to pose with Shark Suit Guy for unforgettable photo opportunities! Included with entry. Ages 2 to 10 years. More info here. To see our review of Legoland Discovery Melbourne, head here.
Melbourne Gaol - Escape the Gaol these school holidays from Monday 2nd to Sunday 15th July. Participants will have the opportunity to become ‘inmates’ and must explore the Gaol to discover all the necessary clues to create the perfect ‘escape plan’. Ages 6+. Our review here. More info here.
- Royal Botanic Gardens -
- Melbourne Museum - Real Madrid World of Football Experience - Enjoy impressive audio-visual displays, physical interactive football experiences, playable gaming technologies combined with historical club memorabilia and stunning trophies. Visitors can go behind the scenes to discover the culture passion, players and epic victories that make Real Madrid C.F. the football Club of the Century. Kids can test their power, speed and accuracy against the Real Madrid C.F team and battle it out in the Fuzbol Battle Zone with a gigantic 16-person Fuzbol Table. On until 30th Sep. Our review here.
- Scienceworks -
- Immigration Museum -
- ACMI - School Holiday Program - Get your kids coding, animating and making films in our school holiday program. Ages and prices vary. More info here.
- ACMI - Wonderland - Fall down the rabbit hole as Wonderland explores the story of Alice in Wonderland through its many screen appearances over the years. The exhibition uses illustrations, costumes, props, posters, movie footage and projections to bring to life the story. On until 7th Oct. Full $25 Concession $21 Member $20 Child (age 4 to 15) $16 Family $65. Ages 5+. Our review here.
- Justine Clarke - The homegrown queen of children’s entertainment, JUSTINE CLARKE, is getting ready to perform a show with her fans this coming September - October on the Silly Songs Tour! How do you make a Silly Song? Sunday 23rd Sep. All ages. More info here.
- Margaret Court Arena - PJ Masks Live - The NEW live musical show PJ Masks Live! is based on eOne’s top-rated animated TV series PJ Masks which airs daily on Disney, Junior and ABC Kids. There is no doubt PJ Masks is a phenomenon amongst Aussie kids, launching as the Number 1 show on Disney Jr in Australia in 2016, and the top TV show for pre-schoolers on ABC in 2017. Sat 13 & Sun 14 Oct. 27 shows around Australia. More info here.
- ArtPlay - Various sessions. There's plenty to do ArtPlay these holidays. Find a workshop, event or exhibition that suits your age group, time and date. Prices vary. Ages vary. More info here.
zoos - aquariums - farms - markets
- Healesville Sanctuary -
- Legoland Discovery Centre Melbourne - Underwater Quest - Visitors can create exciting new creatures, ships and submarines to explore the seas and be amazed as projected animation brings the water and LEGO models to life. The new experience is made up of over 200,000 LEGO blocks and it took the dedicated team at Legoland over 700 hours to complete the build. Our review here.
- Melbourne Zoo - 50 Greatest Wildlife Photographs curated by renowned nature picture editor Kathy Moran, is a celebratory look at wildlife with captivating images from some of National Geographic’s most iconic photographers, including Michael ‘Nick’ Nichols, Steve Winter, Paul Nicklen, Beverly Joubert
and David Doubilet. The pop-up exhibition will be at Carousel Park and be accompanied by an INDE augmented reality (AR) experience titled Air, Land and Sea where viewers get a unique chance to travel to an ever-changing watering hole. 8th of Sep to 30th Nov. Included in general admission and opened during Zoo opening hours. More info here.
- Prahran Market -
- Preston Market -
- Werribee Zoo -